Intellectual Property Lawyer in Surrey BC
At Patrola Law, one of our core services involves protecting the valuable intellectual property rights of small, mid-sized and multi-national businesses.
Trademark protection is vital for most businesses.
We have a particular focus on assisting our clients search, register and enforce trademarks in Canada, the United States, and internationally.
Our Trademark services include:
- Trademark search and registration
- Drafting, filing and prosecuting trademark applications in Canada and internationally
- Enforcement of trademarks across Canada and the United States
- Conducting opposition and cancellation proceedings
- Trademark litigation, including infringement and cyber-squatting
- Domain name registrations and disputes
- Trademark and brand counselling, including portfolio management
- Licensing agreements and non-disclosure agreements (NDAs)
Services are provided by experienced lawyers who are also registered trademark agents.
Registration of Trademarks and Copyrights
Patrola Law regularly files Canadian trademark and copyright applications on be half of clients and assists in filing similar applications applied for in other countries.
You are going to invest a lot of time and money to build your brand and it is important that:
- You can prevent others from using same/similar trademarks (including brand names) as yours in Canada; and
- You do not infringe on someone else’s trademark when you’re starting your business.
In other words, you don’t want someone else to piggyback off all the hard work you have done to build your brand.
Also, you avoid the costly mistake of using and promoting a brand without realizing someone else owns the trademark rights to the same.
The following flat-fee trademark package is one of the best in Canada and will fully protect your intellectual property rights:
i. Comprehensive trademark search
ii. Report and legal opinion
iii. Free second search and filing, if the first search shows significant conflicts with the chosen name
iv. Drafting and filing of the application
v. **Up to 3 responses to Examiner’s Reports – no matter how long it takes to do the work, you don’t pay any additional fees.